Friday 20 December 2013

My wife's making some good photographs - and we have proof

In the past, my wife has:

a. listened to me as I banged on about the technology and aesthetics of photography; and

b. taken the line that she just took snaps - leaving the photography to me.

However, in the past few months, she's started using a Fuji X10, and is getting some very good results. She's applying what she knows started to pay attention to her own photography and apply what she knows. She's .

F'rinstance, she got this shot at Whitby Abbey in Yorkshire - which I conspicuously failed to capture:

Birds and the moon over Whitby Abbey.
Birds and the moon over Whitby Abbey.

And I like this one (of me) from our recent trip to Britain.

Shane at Hampton Court
Shane at Hampton Court

Nice shots, huh?

Not just snaps, but well-composed photographs!

But it's not just my opinion. A few days back, she experienced that comment that each of us who make photographs, rather than take snaps eventually receive. A colleague commenting on her photography said

 ... you must have a really good camera!

Yep!  Linda's a photographer now!

Season's greetings, everyone.

Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment